Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Post-Thanksgiving Pondering

I have been torn about the direction of this blog. (I think I spent too many working years asking, "Who is our target audience?") Is it a blog about home interiors? Thrifting/junking? All things relating to our house? Or is it a blog about religion, which is for me very much interwoven with where I live-- but is also an alienating subject to many? Do I talk about my religious tradition and personal spiritual practices? Do I explain why the hearth is such an important part of my home? Or why the history of this land is so meaningful to me? Or why there is an altar beneath one of the ash trees in the yard?

Fortunately, the fact that next to no one reads my blog means that no one will be disappointed by my tentative poking about. I will try a few things on and see what feels right. After all, How can I tell what I think till I see what I say? (E.M. Forster)

No comments:

Post a Comment